Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
What is a behaviourologist?
A behaviourologist is someone who studies behaviour. At Mutfung this means studying human behaviour in an urban context.
What does this involve?
There are two aspects to the role. One involves helping to design behaviour change strategies, interventions and programs for health promotion, sustainable travel, environmental sustainability, crime prevention and health and safety. The second, involves working on behavioural design projects, applying a human-centred approach to the built environment. From time to time we also get involved in some creative projects, such as app development, design competitions, and exhibitions.
Typical tasks include:
- Desktop research
- Fieldwork, including observational surveys and interviews
- Data analysis
- Report writing
- Report production, including graphics/visuals
- Creative input
- Assisting with workshops and other participatory design events
What we're looking for
- Tertiary-level education in behavioural science, environmental psychology, sociology, design anthropology, or urban design
- Graduate or 1-2 years experience
- Experience in behaviour change and/or human-centred design for the built environment would be very beneficial
- Passion - we want someone who loves what they do
- Initiative - we are a small team and we need people who can work independently
- A strong work ethic - we work very hard and we expect you to do the same
- A desire to learn - we like people who have a hunger for knowledge
- Solid working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent speaking and writing in English is essential
- You must be an Australian Citizen or have permanent residency
What's on offer
- Full-time position
- Salary consummate with qualifications and experience
- Profit sharing
- Lots of responsibility
- The space to express yourself and grow
- The opportunity to be a key part of a growing practice
Send your CV (including two referees - one academic and one employer) and 500 words telling us why you might be the person we are looking for. We would also love to see some examples of your previous work.
Telephone enquiries will not be accepted.
To apply click on the icon below.